Participants who complete this course will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and principles of the Indian Child Welfare Act.
- Identify the types of cases covered by the act and the types of custody cases not covered by the act.
- Summarize the processes of initial inquiry and further inquiry.
- Describe the relationship between inquiry results and notice.
- Identify the inquiry and notice responsibilities of judges, clerks, and petitioners.
- Identify some best practices in the inquiry and notice process.
- Identify the primary resources on tribes for purposes of inquiry and notice.