We are committed to protecting the privacy of our visitors. We do not collect any personal information about you unless you choose to provide that information to us.
What Information Is Collected and Stored?
For each visitor to our Web site, our Web server automatically collects and stores the following information:
- If you linked to our Web site from another site, the address of the site you linked from;
- Your IP address (an “IP address” is a numerical identifier automatically assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer when you are surfing the Web);
- Environmental variables including, among other things, the:
- Internet domain from which you access the Internet;
- Date and time you accessed our site;
- Names of the pages you visit while at this site; and
- Internet address of the Web site you visit after leaving our site.
Our site may also use invisible tags placed on our Web pages, not on your computer, to compile aggregate statistics about site usage. When you visit a page with a tag, a generic notice of your visit to that page is generated.
How This Information Is Used
We use this information to make our site more useful to visitors. Information collected is used to diagnose problems with our server, to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology they use, and to improve the content of the site. We do not track or record information about individuals. This information does not personally identify you. Your e-mail address is not automatically collected.
Personal information submitted through the Web site is normally used to respond to your message and for no other purpose. We do not create individual profiles with the information you provide or give it to any other public or private organization for any purpose, commercial or otherwise.
We may disclose personally identifiable information in response to a legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency's request or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that personally identifiable information we collect will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this privacy notice.
Links to Other Sites
Our postal address is:
California Courts Web Site
455 Golden Gate Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94102-3668
Or you can submit a question using our Web Site Feedback Form.